- This event has passed.
Chocolate, Cheese and Romantic Treats!
February 18 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$135
It’s February, and romance is in the air! Join Chef Cynthia B for a scintillating session of sensory exploration and a bit of science.
She’ll be exploring the age-old questions: Why do chocolate and cheese go together? What are the compounds that make chocolate and wine a mouthful of fun? Are certain cheeses and chocolates an aphrodisiac? Can you pair blue cheese and chocolate?
Some of these cheeses, chocolates, and wines may be familiar to you, but the pairing will offer a gustatory revelation! This session will be entertaining, informative, delicious, and perhaps a little arousing!
Here are some of the delicacies we’ll be sampling, depending on availability
- Really good plain Milk Chocolate
- Milk with salt and caramel
- Single Origin Chocolate compared to just good dark chocolate
- Dark with flavorings
- Moscato di Asti
- Brachetto, a light red sparkling wine
- Lambrusco, a dark red sparkling wine
- Tawny Port: caramelly and delicious
- Banyuls: a unique dessert wine from Rousillon near the Spanish border of France
- Syrah: this juicy, deep fruity wine is a perfect foil for chocolate
- Chinato; a Barolo based digestive
Some of our Cheeses
- TripleCream Pierre Robert
- La Tur Goat/Sheep/Cow
- Washed Rind Willoughby
- Aged Gouda
- Rogue River Blue
- Crab Dip
- Beet Baba Ganough
- Truffle Cheese Spread
- Smoked Turkey Meatballs
- Tomato Chutney
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Spiced Fig Jam
$135 – Includes delivery
This is an online class.