Chef Cynthia’s Wine and Food Tour of Piedmont, Italy
October 7-14 / Includes Alba Truffle Fair
NOTE: Chef Cynthia does not arrange your flights to and from Turin
Chef Cynthia will be doing an optional 3 days of food and wine in Turin 10/3-10/6, price TBD. She will be staying at a hotel in Turin during this time and can reserve the same hotel for you if desired.
Chef Cynthia or a taxi will pick you up from the Torino (Turin) Airport on Saturday 10/22 depending on your flight arrival.
We’ll be staying at a 6 bedroom/6 bathroom farmhouse in the village of Magliano Alfieri, 5 miles from Alba, which is the truffle capital of Italy. We’ll be in Alba during the annual Truffle Fair.
Here are the basics of our activities:
• Visit to the truffle Fair
• Discovery of Grapes and Wines of Piedmont: Arneis, Barbera, Brachetto, Dolcetto, Moscato, Nebbiolo + Rosé and Sparkling
• Walking Tour of the Best Foods of Alba
• Cheese tasting in Bra
• Truffle Hunt with Barolo Tasting
• Wineries: Some Big names such as Conterno, Vietti, and Produttori Di
Barbaresco along with some under-the-radar winemakers we need to know.
• Medieval and Baroque Palaces
• A private pairing dinner with Barolo
The Corkscrew and Wine Museum of Barolo
Fees: $4000.00 – single occupancy, $3600.00 – double occupancy
The fees include:
• All ground transportation including van and driver, airport transfer
• Daily breakfast
• Lunches at wineries, restaurants and the farmhouse
• All winery tasting fees
• Local tour guides + tips
All dinners at restaurants are optional and self-paid. Chef Cynthia will select 1 Michelin-starred restaurant for a special dining experience.