- This event has passed.
Beaujolais and Cheese
November 19 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Yes, we’ll have some Nouveau, but here is your opportunity to taste the diverse wines of this region.
Chef Cynthia loves the Gamay grape and the different terroirs of this region which she visited in 2017. There are 10 different Crus, all with distinct personalities, in this area about the size of Napa, mainly devoted to the Gamay grape. 1% of the total output is Chardonnay which can be delicious and affordable.
We’ll have nouveau, whites, rose and reds from this region north of Lyon and south of Burgundy. Chef will pair them with 7 cheeses and delicious regional specialties
Our Cheeses: Depending On Availability
• Delice de Bougogne or anotehr Triple Cream
• Agour Petit Brebis Sheep
• Beaufort or similar Alpine cow’s milk
• Gres de Vosges
• St Agur
• Beaujolais Nouveau as our apertif
• Vin de France Blanc “Perle de Gamay”
• Beaujolais Blanc “Clos de Rochebonne”
• Rosé of Gamay by Depeuble
• Cru Fleurie “Les Moriers” by Dmne Chignard
We’ll compare 2 different Crus from the same year and the same producer, Guy Breton
Chef will offer a bottle she got on her trip, 2016 Moulin a Vent to show how this grape from this
Cru can age.
Some Of Our Snacks & Condiments
• Pear Lemon and Ginger Confiture
• Tarragon Caper Mustard
• French Onion Jelly
• Truffle Dip with Truffle Potato Chips
• Chicken Rillettes, vegetarian option available
• White Beans with sage butter
• Lyonnaise Sausage, vegetarian option available
• Pickled Shallots and Cornichons
This is an online event. The $115 price includes tax & delivery.