A Second Alpine Cheese & Wine Class Has Been Added Due To Popular Demand:
Swiss Cheeses are so much more than the generic cheese with holes. Chef took a trip to Switzerland to really learn the process and the diversity of Swiss cheeses.
Chef Cynthia was delighted and astounded by her recent trip to Switzerland. The steep slopes of the vineyards were lovely and verdant. The white wines were crisp and a perfect match for Gruyere Fondue. The Pinot Noir and Gamay based light reds were delicious and fruity. And the variety of cheeses~ Oh My!
The variety and history of Swiss foods is really unique- Chef Cynthia will share her knowledge and insights into this cuisine.
This session will include some samplings from the Savoie region of France, which has similar topography and climate to that of Switzerland.
• Chasselas: this Swiss grape is one you should know! Plenty of wild flower and citrus flavors
• Chasselas St-Saphorin Grand Cru: dry and refreshing, a step up
• Altesse, also called Rousette, full bodied and nutty
• Apremont Tete de Cuvee: a glacial, mineral wine made from the Jaquere grape
• Vin de Savoie Blend: Pinot Noir, Gamay, • • Mondeuse blend
• Mondeuse: this big, tannic wine is genetically similar to Syrah, with rich color and
Aromas of spice
• Gran Classico Bitter Liqueur
Absinthe! Switzerland is the home of the Green Fairy!
Our Cheeses: You may have had these before; if not this session will delight you!
• Tete de Moine: the cheese best shaved into curls
• Gruyere: We’ll taste and really study this classic
• Cave Aged 18 month Gruyere: we’ll compare the 2
• Alp Blossom; Alpine Cheese coasted in blossoms and flowers
• Annelies: this cheese is shipped young to Murray’s in NYC then aged in their cellars
• Appenzeller~ this cheese is rubbed with herbs, spices and wine; one of the boldest cheeses of the country
• Challerhocker: a delicious, drier, aged cheese
Reblochon: the classic washed rind Alpine cheese
Our Condiments including Chef Cynthia’s Old School Jams
• Heirloom Apple Spread
• Blueberry-Blackberry Confiture
• Red Currant Mustard
Our Snacks: Most are heated; Chef Cynthia will give you instructions
• Wild Mushroom Spread
• Egg, Leek and Cheese Tart
• Vegetarian French Onion Soup Kit
• Tartiflette: potatoes, bacon, cartelized onions and cheese
• Cornichons and Pickled Squash
This is an online event. The $115 price includes tax & delivery.